What is the ReFITTers Donor Program?
ReFITTers, or “Fostering Independence Together Teammates”, are the behind-the-scenes heroes of our organization.
Being a small local nonprofit that is 100% volunteer-run and that receives zero government funding, we depend on your generous gifts to provide our clients a second chance at living their lives safely and independently in the comfort of their own homes.
Regardless of your gifting frequency – monthly, quarterly, annually – your support makes a direct impact in the Portland community. All ReFITTers get a t-shirt for signing up. You also get monthly receipts and a year-end summary of your tax-deductible donations.
- $15 can buy 4-5 pieces of 2×4 lumber
- $25 can buy an ADA-compliant grab bar
- $50 can buy a 30 lb. bucket of nails
- $100 can help buy a wall-mounted sink
- $250 can help buy an ADA-compliant toilet
- $500 can help pay to widen a doorway
- $1,000 can help pay for an aluminum wheelchair ramp with handrails or roll-in shower
“By becoming a ReFITTer, I am helping those with combined barriers of age, disability, and poverty, who are at high-risk for hunger, isolation, and displacement from their homes.
This new program connects the clients – the majority of which are homebound and live alone – to a greater community. It is so easy that I don’t even notice the $25 coming out of my account each month and it does so much!”