Lend a Hand or Hammer
Did you know that ReFIT is made up of 100% volunteers? That includes our Board of Directors, contractors, sponsors, commitee members, and volunteers just like you!
At ReFIT, we change the lives of low-income and physically challenged individuals and families throughout the Portland community by providing them with no-cost home modifications. Wheelchair ramps, bathroom grab bars, wider doorways, and more. At the end of a hard working day, our clients are able to live safely and independently with dignity in their own homes.
Every month, we have on-site projects that could use an extra helping hand. It’s a great opportunity to get in some local volunteering for your company, too. We also follow Oregon CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our clients and volunteers.
Don’t want to pick up a hammer? No problem! We have lots of ways you can volunteer with ReFIT. You can help with email marketing, graphic design, social media, grant writing, fundraising, event planning, and much more.
You can help out one time, once a month, or even once a week – whatever works for you. We are grateful for it all and would love to have you help our generous cause.
• Project Manager: Develop and coordinate plans, establish timetables, budgeting, etc.
• Skilled Laborer: Designing, building, plumbing, flooring, painting, electrical, etc.
• Project Volunteer: Yard work, planting flowers, taking client and project photos, etc.
• Development Manager or Coordinator: Cultivate relationships with donors and sponsors, drive volunteer involvement, etc.
• Fundraiser: Finding sponsors, planning donation campaigns, etc.
• Event Planner: Brainstorm, plan, and coordinate in-person and online events
• Administrative Assistant: Data entry, phone calls, mailings, cloud storage, etc.
• Bookkeeper: Track financials, process payments, reporting, etc.
• Grant Writer: Research grants, write proposals, develop relationships, etc.
• Email Newsletter Writer: Interview clients and contractors, write copy, manage subscribers, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.
• Copywriter: Write for newsletter or website, press releases, notetaking, etc.
• Photographer: Take professional photos of events, clients, projects, etc.
• Digital Marketer: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Grants, etc.
• Graphic Designer: Newsletter, logos, banners, flyers, brochures, etc.
• Social Media Assistant or Manager: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
• Website Developer: WordPress, website maintenance, etc.
• Community Outreach Coordinator: Foster relationships with local organizations, etc.
• Become a ReFIT Committee Member (Meet Once a Month):
• Marketing and Communications
• Donate Remodeling Materials: We can give your unused remodeling materials a second home. Accepting nails, lumber, grab bars, wall mount sinks, ADA-compliant toilets, and more.
• Make a One-Time Donation: All donations are tax-deductible.