Lend a Hand or a Hammer
Volunteer for ReFIT to make a difference in the Portland community
ReFIT literally changes our clients lives by providing home modifications that allow them to live safe, independent lives with dignity in their own homes.
As a ReFIT volunteer not only will you help make a difference in someone’s life, it will be a life changing experience for YOU!
Don’t know how to pick up a hammer? No problem, we have lots of ways you can volunteer with ReFIT.
There is no age requirement and you can help out one time, once a month or even once a week - whatever works for you. We are grateful for it all and would love to have you join us.
Please read thru our volunteer opportunities, decide what best fits your interest and skills, then just fill out the form to get started.
- Contribute time and expertise as a project manager
- Volunteer as a skilled laborer who can work independently
- Be a general project volunteer – help on a project site with yard work, wash windows, plant flowers, etc.
- Help plan charity events and fundraisers
- Help with marketing, advertising, social media
- Help with typing, data entry, phone calls, mailings, or bookkeeping
- Write press releases
- Use your writing skills and expertise to assist in applying for grants
- Join one of the ReFIT Committees (meet monthly):
- Marketing and Communication
- Events and Fundraisers
- Home Modification Projects
- Provide outreach to community services
- Make a financial contribution to ReFIT
- Donate remodeling materials for ReFIT projects